At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a strategic, experienced, and mission-driven professional to join Hubbard Street’s Operations department. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance & Administration is responsible for a broad array of functions for a mid-size performing arts organization. The Director of Finance & Administration will serve as a senior financial strategist alongside the Executive Director and Board of Directors, assessing the financial implications of key opportunities and strategic decisions the organization is considering in the coming years. This position is responsible for financial management and reporting as well as human resources, insurance, technology, and facilities management.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Executive Director to align financial resources with strategic goals, while ensuring strong fiscal management.
- Develop and administer organizational financial plans and budgets while providing meaningful analysis; and monitor progress and changes to keep the senior leadership team well informed about the organization’s ongoing financial status. Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning processes, and quarterly budget reforecasts.
- Create, implement, manage, and streamline effective internal and organizational systems across responsibilities (finance, insurance, IT, facilities).
- Identify strategic opportunities for organizational development in addition to cost containment strategies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and cash flow projections, along with other various internal and external financial report and analytical studies.
- Stay current on Accounting standards, labor laws and ACA reporting.
- Supervise Finance Associate.
- Ensure that the Business Office is carrying out all financial functions in a timely, efficient and accurate manner (e.g. audit process, 990 tax filing, domestic and international tax-exempt filings, accounting and data entry, Bi-weekly payroll and benefits administration, etc.).
- Acts as the primary staff liaison to the Finance Committee and ad hoc Facilities Committee
Administration, Benefits and Human Resources
- Partner with the Executive Director on annual performance review process.
- Partner with the Executive Director to administer and oversee HR policies.
- Prepare staff Letters of Agreement; prepare Dancer Letters of Intent and contracts.
- Coordinate logistics and manage relationships regarding Hubbard Street’s business, property and medical insurance.
- Organize employee recruitment, staff orientation, and staff development; update employee handbooks and policies as needed.
- Primary liaison with IT consultants, providing light end-user computer support. Responsible for maintaining and tracking all computers and software licenses.
- Oversee monitoring of general voicemail, sorting of mail, office supply ordering.
- Five years of experience as a Director of Finance or equivalent.
- Proven experience in budgeting, strategic forecasting, planning and analysis to support decision making, and in overseeing financial, accounting, compliance, and risk management of a complex organization.
- Has preferably overseen a human resource function previously.
- Performing Arts and/or Non-profit finance experience and experience working with a board of directors is desirable although candidates with equivalent experience in other settings are encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, especially Excel, required. Experience with Blackbaud FE accounting software and Paylocity a plus.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks candidates with demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.